Free data trapped in legacy apps
Unlock decades of valuable data and business logic to improve citizen services, agency collaboration and employee productivity.
Unlocking Siloed Data
Make the latest data—even on a legacy system—easily accessible to citizens, agencies and any level of government. Transform mainframe data into standard SQL for easy access and integration with data lakes, business intelligence platforms, analytics tools and the cloud.
Reusing Business Logic
Build on your multi-decade investment in mainframes—without having to change legacy code. Connect to new channels, services and apps, on-premises or in the cloud by producing and consuming APIs with COBOL, Assembler, PL/1 and Natural applications.
Modernizing The UX
Make a better connection with citizens and other agencies by improving processes with redesigned workflows, intuitive web interfaces and modern apps. Put a modern UX on top of proven legacy applications.
Legacy integration, simplified
Keep the mainframe as your reliable system of record while unlocking massive amounts of valuable data in legacy apps. With webMethods Mainframe Integration, you can leverage mainframe data and functions as reusable services in minutes. Integrate legacy systems with virtually any other data source to deliver new digital services faster, as well as make legacy applications as easy to use as any web or mobile app.
- Avoid expensive rip-and-replace strategies to save millions of dollars
- Build on what works—without modifying valuable legacy code
- Assure access to legacy data across systems, agencies and levels of government
- Connect to new channels, applications and services by exposing programs as APIs
- Connect mainframe data to data lakes, BI and cloud platforms for better insights
- Create APIs in ONE CLICK to connect legacy apps to any other application—on-premises or in the cloud
- Enrich your mainframe application functionality by consuming APIs from other sources
- Participate in API ecosystems
- Use ONE platform to connect everything—every system, application, cloud and device
- Improve efficiency by using a standard architecture with standard APIs
- Get a single virtual view of all mainframe data, including flat files, and 150+ additional data types across multiple platforms in SQL format
- Use desktop tools like Excel® to run queries against your mainframe data
- Serve citizens faster with easy web and mobile access to legacy data and applications
- Leverage proven business logic to deliver new citizen services
- Connect with employees, other agencies and citizens via a modern and intuitive UX
- Lay the groundwork for smart applications, such as smart buildings
- Take advantage of new cloud-based services and data analytics by synchronizing your mainframe data to the cloud
- Access data from DB2®, flat files, Adabas, IMS™, QSAM and VSAM™ via Standard Query Language (SQL) in real time
- Sync your cloud data lake with on-premises applications—maintaining a hybrid environment lets you migrate to the cloud at your own pace
Mainframe Integration - Fact Sheet
Innovate for the future
Download this fact sheet to learn about Software AG Government Solutions Mainframe Integration, including how to unlock your data and reuse business processes to deliver a better user experience.
Expand data access
Agencies today are expected to be information providers. That means providing access to latest data, wherever it resides. Do that easily with webMethods.
Build on your legacy
Quickly reuse investments in legacy systems while taking advantage of smart new technologies. Service-enable proven business logic and make it available via APIs.
Get rid of complex and expensive point-to-point connections. Use webMethods instead to integrate any system, anywhere. Integrate DB2, COBOL, AS400, Adabas & Natural and more. Capture 3270 screens to quickly turn applications into API providers … without touching code.
Innovate without replacing what works. Reusing, rather than replacing legacy systems, saved one state agency millions of dollars. How much can webMethods help your agency save?
Move data freely
Easily extract, transform and load (ETL) your mainframe data to modern databases, data warehouses, data lakes and cloud analytic platforms. Move your data freely to where it is needed and how it is needed.
Deliver better services
Make your legacy app available on a browser, where you can change the user workflow, add new logic, and aggregate data from other sources to create a better experience. Automate and integrate 3270 user screen flows using REST APIs to create better digital process flows.
Software AG Government Solutions Systems Engineer Eric Wood discusses the value APIs bring to modernizing legacy systems and applications for unlocking data’s potential in federal agencies. What challenges do agencies face regarding legacy systems today? These agencies have challenges with their legacy systems because, one of the things is their data’s in silos. When they built…
Making timely, informed decisions requires that government agencies at all levels gather as much relevant data as possible.
When a citizen needs information about their court case schedule and monies owed for court fees, this information is stored on the mainframe in multiple legacy systems.