Since 2005, the IRS has relied on webMethods as a common services and integration platform to overcome many challenges in its heterogeneous IT landscape.
- Redundant interfaces to common data. No reuse.
- Point to point interfaces that are costly to modify and maintain.
- Complex interfaces due to lack of standards.
- High latency of information flow between applications and external partners.
- No foundation for business process improvement and visibility.
- Maximize return on investment on existing technology investments and IT skills.
- Simplified Architecture / Enterprise-wide Infrastructure.
- Greater agility, flexibility, reliability, reusability, and responsiveness to the business.
- Lower costs through reuse across the system development lifecycle.
- Improved access and visibility to the business.
- Common tools for internal and external integration.
- Strategic Adoption of technology trends (e.g. APIS, SOA, ESB, Cloud) and standards (e.g. REST, JMS, WS)